CBD is an enormous and ongoing trend which I hope will not die out. I personally use CBD products on my sensitive and acne prone skin with incredible results. There is no other ingredient I am aware of with such a wide spectrum of benefits and such a high performance rating with each stated benefit.
The science behind CBD and the physiology of how it works is complicated. The human body is equipped with an Endocannabinoid System that has endocannabinoid receptors. Cannabinoids, such as CBD, activate these receptors thereby triggering pain relieving and anti-inflammatory responses. Cannabinoids are lipid molecules found in our body and in plants; phytocannabinoids. Phytocannabinoids are found in highest concentrations in Cannabis plants (Hemp and Marijuana with Hemp being the better and more practical source), but phytocannabinoids are also found in many other plants such as cacao (chocolate), carrots, black pepper and cloves.
When CBD products are applied to our skin we experience results such as:
- anti-inflammatory response
- redness reduction
- analgesic response
- increased moisture retention
- regulated sebum production
- reduced hyperpigmentation
These benefits make CBD great for aging skin, irritated skin, sensitive skin, rosacea prone skin, acne prone skin, dry skin, skin experiencing eczema and basically all skin types.
With CBD popping up everywhere, the average consumer may be confused about which products to try. I recommend trying one of the following.
- Color Up Therapeutics is a line I work with professionally and the main source of products in my personal skincare. They put CBD in every product they make along with other high performance plant-based ingredients.
- I’m Fabulous has a lovely CBD sleep mask which I use from time to time. They also have serums with CBD.
- Truly has multiple CBD options.
- Herbivore Emerald serum
As always, I’m happy for you to be reading my blog and hope it has been helpful!